ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES UNION
(Central Head Quarter)
Building, Padamnagar, 110007 Delhi
President: D.N. Giri
General Secretary: S.S. Mahadevaiah
GDS/CHQ/2013 Dated 30th January, 2013
The Director General
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110001
Sir / Madam,
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Gramin Dak Sevaks will go on Two Days General strike on 20-02-2013 and 21-02-2013 The demands for acceptance on which the employees embark upon this Two Days Strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
The CHQ call upon the All CWC Member's/Circle/Divisional/Branch Secretaries and active member's call upon is to make the two days General strike on 20.02.2013 and 21.02.2013 programme a resounding success. It is requested you made press conference and other publicity to poplies our demand. A report may also be sent to the CHQ.
We request you kindly to translate this circular letter in local language and circulate among the staff. This fact may be explained to the membership through group meetings are meetings and general body meetings.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Take concrete measures to contain Price rise.
2. Take concrete measures for linkage of employment protection with the
concession / incentive package offered to the entrepreneurs.
3. Ensure strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for the unorganised sector workers without any restriction and creation of a National Social Security Fund with adequate resources in line with the recommendation of NCEUS and Parliamentary Standing Committee on Labour.
5. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs.
6. No Contractorisation of work permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry / establishment.
7. Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs.10,000/-.
8. Remove all ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
9. Assured statutory Pension for all.
10. Ensure Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of the ILO Conventions Nos.87 and 98.
11. Include Gramin Dak Sevaks in 7th CPC and Grant Status/Regularisation as government servant to GDS employees as recommended by Justic Talwar Committee. The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in its land mark judgement date 22-04-1977 held that the Extra Departmental agents (now Gramin Dak Sevaks) are holders of civil posts. He is doing multifarious activities viz.,RPLI,Savings/NREG,Business etc. and most of the GDS are working more than 5 hours and it is high time to consider the demand.
12. Grant Bonus ceiling of Rs. 3500/- at par with Departmental staff. It is grass injustice and discrimination done to Gramin Dak Sevaks by denying Bonus ceiling of Rs. 3500/-.
13. Grant compassionate appointments in all cases by removing irrational conditions and restrictions/norms prescribed recently.
14. Scrap new recruitment rules of Postman/Mailguard and MTS. Restore the previous recruitment rules. The promotion from GDS to postmen and MTS is direct recruitment in the version of the department. Promotion under seniority quota should be restored.
15. Grant immediate pro-rata revised scales to Casual labourers including part time and full time and MMC workers and restore DA which has been stopped for the last four years.